Weekend Shenanigans

Sunday, March 22, 2015 Unknown 0 Comments




First posts generally call for introductions, right? 

Hi, I'm Chelsey! I wish I could say more interesting stuff about myself that isn't already listed in my sidebar or in my About Me tab, but I pretty much just realized that everything that might be mildy interesting about me is already written in those sections, and to repeat that I live in Los Angeles or that my favorite show is Gravity Falls would just be redundant, at best. Maybe with some more posts in the future, I might have an internal epiphany and unearth some cool fact(s) about myself that I never previously realized? Yeah. Okay. 

Honestly, I started this blog with the intentions of uploading some bangin' OOTD photos, but I lack aesthetically pleasing backgrounds for said OOTDs and a decent photographer. Unless you count my 9-year-old sister as a photographer. Which you probably don't. (Neither do I, pft.)

Until then, I suppose I can just ramble about my shenanigans from this weekend. 

Friday:
Okay, so Friday isn't technically the weekend, but I'm starting from here anyway. 

My school's event, Senior Sunset (which is basically an "awards show" to announce Senior Superlatives), was on Friday. It didn't start until 5:30, though, meaning that I had around 2-3 hours to kill. Ultimately, I decided to go shopping at the thrift store right across the street from my school, which was both therapeutic and productive. Shopping by myself is much more efficient, in my opinion, considering the fact that I take forever to pick out clothes, and bringing a friend along would most likely just tamper with their patience. I ended up getting a new pair of shoes (these black, clog-esque slip ons), a pair of denim overalls (something I've been wanting for a while now, but never found ones that fit me right until that day), a maxi/button-up denim dress, a light purple dress, a pair of ripped jeans, and a plaid dress. All under $25, too. 

At Sunset, I won the Best Dressed award, which was surprising and humbling and completely unexpected. I'm probably being dramatic, but winning an award out of 1,000 senior students (ok, probably around 500 students if we're just gonna assume that there's an equal split between the males and females - but still) kinda makes me proud, especially when the two other girls who were nominated also have killer fashion tastes.

After that, my friend and I hung out. We decided to get shaved ice, then spontaneously ventured to the park by my house afterwards. It was around 9 PM by the time we got to the park, and, despite the fact that the swings, slides, and this weird spinny-seat-thingy was really fun and nostalgic to play with, the group of... suspicious looking guys smoking weed on the opposite side of the playground kind of tainted the atmosphere. We were on the seesaw when two of them approached us, asking "Hey, what are you ladies doing tonight?" in a tone that made me rack my brain for escape routes if they began to surround us. We booked it back to my car.  

Saturday:

Saturday was almost as equally spontaenous as Friday. A few of my friends and I went to Ventura Blvd and Beverly Hills to celebrate my friend's 18th birthday. 

At the Urban Outfitters Surplus, I got a new pair of blush ankle boots for $20! Free shipping to my house! And, I used my gift card! Technically didn't pay anything! For $20!

At Beverly Hills, we spent a long time ogling at the mansions, cars, and random nicely dressed people walking down the streets. We had a late lunch at Urth Cafe, which was okay, in my opinion. It was good for the experience, considering that every Los Angeles blogger I follow seems to be in love with that place, so eating there is kind of like something one has to do eventually, just like how tourists in NYC have to visit the Empire State Building or something. But, I would hesitate before heading back there again. $15 for a salad and a latte? I'd rather hit up the McDonalds on my block. Which, now that I think about it, probably says a lot more about my life choices than about Urth.

Sunday:

I ate, I procrastinated, I watched some TV, I ate some more, and then I sat down to finally write out a blog post. 

I have homework to do, an article to write, and two internships to apply to... so, until next time?








0 comments: