Hawaii Outfits: Simplified

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 Unknown 0 Comments

I'll keep it real simple. Here are two of my favorite outfits from last week's trip to Hawaii. 

Outfit 1: Something Old, Something New




We spent the majority of this day appreciating the Hawaiian culture at the Iolani Palace and the Polynesian Cultural Center - so no swimming was involved (for once). I took this as an opportunity to finally dress up a little bit with a white, textured crop top and a vintage patterened skort (yes, a skort) that used to belong to my grandma.

Throughout the day, I wore my clear-edged and rounded sunglasses, which I felt added a modern/contemporary vibe to the get-up. At the beginning of the day, I wore some white sandals, but later traded them out for a dressier pair of cut out boots at the PCC. I also added in a floppy hat. (Floppy hat and cut out boots not shown in this post because I forgot to take an individual photo, but feel free to check out my previous post, where there's a group photo, to see how it all looks together).

Top - Urban Outfitters
Skirt - ?
Sunglasses - Forever 21
White Sandals - Forever 21
Cut Out Boots - Urban Outfitters
Hat - Forever 21

Outfit 2: Basic Beach











As you can probably tell from the amount of photos I took, I was feeling this outfit way too much. Underneath, I wore a palm tree print one-piece, and over that, I wore a rugged and semi-see-through cover up dress. My favorite parts about this dress were the long and baggy packets, the ombre-styled coloring, and the cascading silhouette the piece gave. (Can you believe I got this for sale at Urban Outfitters? Best $30 I've ever spent.)

For a finishing touch, I topped it with my floppy hat. I wore my white, strappy sandals because they were simple and didn't attract attention away from the main pieces. Also, I wore my reflective circle sunglasses, which are quickly becoming a personal favorite of mine. Personally, I think they added an urban vibe to the overall casual and beachy look.

Hat - Forever 21
Sunglasses - Urban Outfitters
Bathing Suit - Forever 21
Dress - Urban Outfitters
Sandals - Forever 21

0 comments: